This past March, I decided to do a giveaway in a different way. Instead of just having people like my page and share my post on Facebook, I wanted to raise money for a good cause. I was thrilled with the outcome, as together we were able to raise over $800 for MS research and one lucky family won a free photo session. I was feeling pretty good about everything, but when I received the email from the giveaway winner, I looked at this contest in a whole new light.
You see, Becky’s mom had recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, and she told me she had just been thinking about how she wanted to get photos of her with her children and grandchildren. We set up the photo session immediately, and although we were battling a very cold spring, we captured some priceless and treasured family photos for Becky’s family, and most importantly, for her mom.
Karen Fogle, Becky’s mom, lost her battle with pancreatic cancer in September. She left behind two gorgeous daughters, a loving husband, and two precious grandchildren with another on the way. I was heartbroken for the family when I heard the news, and when I emailed Becky expressing my condolences, she said how glad she was that they were able to get those pictures of her mom with her family.
You guys, this is why I do what I do. Pictures will last forever. They’re what our children and grandchildren will be left with when we’re gone, and I could not have picked a more deserving family to have won the last giveaway. I still get chills when I think about it. So, we’re doing it again. We’re doing another giveaway/fundraiser, this time for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, in memory of Karen Fogle.
Here are the rules:
- You must “like” the Lemonade Stand Photography Facebook Page – you can do so HERE.
- You must “share” this post on your own Facebook Page.
- In order to be entered into the giveaway, you must make a donation to the fundraising page we’ve set up for this giveaway. All donations collected will be donated to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in Karen Fogle’s name. Each $5 donation counts as one entry into the giveaway, and there is no limit to what you can donate.
- Use this page to make your donation: http://www.youcaring.com/other/lsp-giveaway-and-pancan-fundraiser/116196 – don’t make your donation anonymous or hide the amount given! I need to be able to track it.
- Comment back on the Facebook post that you donated and are entered into the giveaway.
- The giveaway will end on
Tuesday, December 17thFriday, December 20th at midnight and the winner will be announced on Wednesday, December 18thSaturday, December 21st.
*Just a note, we chose to use the youcaring.com site as a way to keep all donations in one place, as we must be able to track them. This website collects voluntary donations to fund their operating costs, which are applied before completing your donation. You can easily change this amount to $0, so it is up to you whether you would like to contribute to youcaring.com’s operating costs. All donations will be given to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in Karen Fogle’s name. You can check out that site at http://www.pancan.org.
Here are just a few pictures we captured at the session with Karen and her family. I wish I could go back and raise the temperature a bit for them, but I will never regret doing that first fundraiser/giveaway, and I know that I will continue doing them as long as I am in business.
Please make a donation to this wonderful cause, and help me brighten this family’s holiday season. Visit this link to donate today: http://www.youcaring.com/other/lsp-giveaway-and-pancan-fundraiser/116196
Thank you all,